Thursday, July 28, 2016

Celebrations!

I am almost caught up with my blogging. And I was finally "allowed" to blog about the Cotton Robin. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again. You can read about it here!

I am trying to take care of my flowers outside so they will look nice when we come back. The Praying Mantis was suddenly walking on my arm. Scared me for a moment. Back into the rose bush, please! It is a nice picture though.


When James trained for his first Camino in 2013 he met some people who were training for it too, down at the river. Since then they and others have done many walks together. Tommy, one of them, decided to invite the hiking group and spouses for an evening on Thursday July 21. We were 5 couples who met at his home and he and his wife treated us royally in their beautiful home. After about one hour of refreshments and most delicious appetizers we were driven in their RV to the restaurant. Fun!



The restaurant was the Tanglewood Ordinary. A very old, rustic building with family style dining. It was a lot of fun and we talked and talked and talked. It was so nice to finally meet and get to know people you have heard about so long.



I think we were the last guests to leave. Great big thank you to our hosts! There will be a group photo coming which I will plug in later here.


Probably belonging more into a this and that blog but I couldn't resist. Saw this on Facebook. I hope I have enough years left to work on quilts (and lace) to have a send-off like this.


July 23, a Saturday.
Oh yes! Our younger daughter's birthday. Can't help think back into the past. It was a hot Kentucky summer evening when we rushed to the hospital where she was born just after midnight on a Friday.
... Friday's child is loving and giving ...
I asked what she would like and she answered "a tomato pie". Here it is! Wade grilled on the green egg and all was delicious.


Wade and Caleb had baked and decorated the birthday cookie the day before. Well done!




Caleb enjoyed his Mommy's birthday. He is good at singing the song and he loves sweets and desserts.

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

Glad to hear about Tanglewood Ordinary. We’ve really been wanting to go. Mike was going to pick it for his birthday (8/14), but his sister kind of commandeered the day away from him! :-(