Friday, March 10, 2023

Asia trip Day 11 - at sea

Wednesday March 8

Yes, a day at sea. To be honest, I was never very keen on them but I started very much to enjoy them. I have to learn to be happy to do nothing. You can't really be productive on a ship.

I started by reading the itinerary of the day in the "Currents". There was a coffee, chat and needlepoint time in the Horizon on the 10th deck I think from 9 to 10 am. I didn't know what that was about but decided to check it out. Days earlier I had seen men and women work on some stitching when waiting around for the entertainment for example. Oh no, Chris was handing out free kits and teaching people how to do it. I picked one and started it. Actually quite fun.




For 11:30 am we had an invitation to a wine tasting. We had received a card several days ago. Before lunch is a bit questionable but since we don't have to drive anywhere ... (ha-ha). I think we were 8 or 10 people. They had the whole Polo Grill arranged for this because there was also another one after lunch.


There was a piece of paper on each setting with the name and detail of the wine we were tasting. 2 red, 2 white and one prosecco. There was also a glass of water, cheese and breadsticks to clean your palate.


There was a powerpoint to see while the sommelier spoke and explaint. It was fun and we really learned something.




Really? I could not remember why I took this photo. Obviously lunch. It was a little shrimp salad on half a hard-boiled egg. But I think the egg had been marinated.


In the afternoon in the Martini Bar was another jewelerie making "class". I had seen it announced before, had missed it but seen results others had made. It was Chris again. James said that he would give it a try too. It was not what I had expected. Chris gave out kits again and it was ribbon-covered bracelets. Interesting.



Ah, every day in the Horizon from 4 to 5 pm Afternoon Tea with the String Quartet. That's something else we had not done yet. That was very nice too.





And since we had time we looked at the dinner menu on the TV in our room. It all sounded so good that we decided to get a bottle of wine too. They write your room number on it and will retrieve it for you to anywhere on the ship.


This is for our friend Kim: Auguste Excoffier's bouchée à la reine, chicken, truffle, mushrooms, suprême sauce.


Lobster Bisque, armagnac cream


James had Potato & Vegetable Curry. The waiter asked twice whether he really wanted it because it had the signe for vegan behind it. James loves curries. Well, so do I but ... 


... I had fish: Alaskan Halibut Viennese, parisienne potatoes, carrots.


For dessert James had the cheese platter.


And I had the Soufflé of the Day. 


Sorry, Kim, only today since there were not that many photos otherwise.

Yes, it was a relaxing day. Nice entertainment in the evening. Lovely music.

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

Thank you for my food pictures. I'm afraid that I would not be having the bouchée à la reine. I am decidedly NOT a mushroom or truffle girl. But I'd dive head first into that lobster bisque!