Thursday, March 2, 2023

Asia trip Day 4 - leaving Singapore

Wednesday March 1

James and I woke up and sad it at the same time: "Happy Anniversary"! Today 47 years ago we met for the first time. What a glorious day that was!

And today we are starting the cruise we looked forward to for a while. Looking out of our hotel room window gives us the thought that leaving here right now is not so bad. To my daughter Helen, who had ask me to eat a sweet corn ice cream for her, I have to say that I am sorry to tell her that I could not find one. Both of our daughters had visited us during the short time we lived in Singapore. Sweet corn ice cream from a street vendor is one of the fun memories we both have. I was prepared to take a video when the vendor puts the ice cream between 2 slices of white bread. I guess the weather was the reason that there was none.


Been to breakfast. Done with packing. Have to wait until it is time. Our hotel room was quite interesting. The wall (opposite the window) is not a mirror but see-through glass with the bathtub/shower/toilet/sink behind it. That part I wasn't too keen on. But it makes for a confusing photo. 


The design of the bathtub and shower I find very clever and practical. The shower is probably only 3 feet square but is very sufficent because the side to the tub is open and gives ellbow room. No harm done if the water splashes in that direction.


The door swings open to either side. Yes, it was very practical.


Waiting now in the lobby there is nothing to do but look around. Cute phone part of the decor. Who remembers phones like that?


Hotel staff was really very friendly and helpful during our stay. We gave our subway cards back to the desk. Only about 3 and a half Singapore dollars left on each card. The next guest can enjoy that like we did. I had to find the address for the taxi because there are actually two cruise terminals. Photo from our papers is always helpful. 


A screenshot from google maps is also interesting.


We had the embarkation time of 11 am and we were punctual to the minute. Everything was very easy and we could go up to deck 9, have lunch and wait until our cabin was ready.

I promised myself not to eat if I was not hungry so I am very proud of this small portion to tie me over  until dinner. 


Yeah, yeah, had to look at the dessert. When we each had coffee I remembered what we do when at home we had a cup after lunch ... we play our card game. I lost miserably, ha-ha.



Still had to wait a little and decided to stretch our legs around the pool.


And then our room was ready. It sounds like we had to wait a long time but considering that previous guests just left this morning and the crew had to do more than one cabin ...
We sat a little on our veranda. The gondolas to Sentosa went right over us.



James had to "help the captain" by observing this going on right underneath us. Several samples being taken from something (?) etc.


And then it was "Bon Voyage". The ship started "sailing".



We remembered the tankers and massive cargo ships waiting just outside.


We settled into our room...


... and decided to celebrate with a drink to celebrate our March 1st anniversary while enjoying the piano player doing his thing.


Finally is was dinner time. We answered the host that yes, we would be happy to share a table. We were paired with another couple who happened to be from Virginia Beach and we had a lively conversation the whole time with Flo and Gerry. So good that I forgot to take food photos.

I had a really nice salad with greens and different melons.


Lobster bisque soup and steamed (or poached) fish and mango sticky rice for dessert. 


James had a vanilla souffle for dessert.


Then we all hurried to the show room for a variety show.


1 comment:

Kim S. said...

It all looks fantastic and I'm so looking forward to "traveling" with you. You know I'm loving the food shots!!