Friday, June 22, 2018

Back to Normal?

When you had a great trip and immediately great company, it's strange to suddenly have an "empty nest". But, of course, one needs to try to get back to normal (whatever normal is).

Oh my, the weeds!!!




Instead of weeding it is much nicer to get Caleb for a swim in the club house pool. We told the Nanny to text us when the twins were down for their nap. We didn't want them upset if they saw us going off with their brother. The children's pool hours are not ideal ... but we are a 55+ community.




He has a lot of energy. Look at this VIDEO  (1:15) It's only a short sample how he wore Papa out. And he wore himself out too.
When we brought him home in the car he asked: "Did I have a nap today?"  -No!-
And a second later he was fast asleep. I actually thought he had passed out. And I sat next to him on the back seat and there was nothing I could do. When we got to their house, Mommy woke him with a kiss and he started smiling with closed eyes.


Sunday - Father's Day

James got a text while we were still in church - - would you like to come for dinner?
Well, I hoped I was invited too, ha-ha. Homemade pizza and the children helped. Sarah does better than any pizzeria.


The children sure like their bath.


And Colin always wants to help. Here he is scrubbing his brother. Just decided to do it.


Wednesday seems to have been "animal day". I had a quilter's meeting in the evening and look who wanted to take my parking spot.



When I came home and walked from the kitchen to the living room I saw a little head on the upper window sill. I took a closer look. Our friend from previous years (or child or grandchild) is back.


James is taller and doesn't need to be on the top step to take a photo.



And lastly ... so often somebody tells me they would love to comment but can't. The computer defaults on google but if you don't have a google account or are not signed in click the arrow next to it. You will see options and you can choose "Anonymous". But make sure you write your name as a comment so that I know has commented.


 Of course I love comments. Even critical ones. Looking forward to your opinions.


3 comments:

Happy Room Diana said...

Love the frog, such a pretty colour

Christa said...

Every summer he (or another) shows up at the front door. The lamp is on all night and it is a smorgasbord for him (or her, ha-ha).

Kim S. said...

We have a large family of toads/frogs (not sure which) that live near our patio. They always alarmed our dog, Otis and even startled Mike one time when he was moving the umbrella weight. There must have been 10 of them under it. He YELPED!!!