Friday, June 1, 2012

June Block Lotto

Ah, I like the next Block Lotto block. Every month I am learning something. Today is the 1st of the month and the new challenge is up. As I did get the sneak-peek a few days ago because I posted last month in time, I was already able to "play" a little.


This is my finished block (the first).
















When I looked at the directions I was confused and had to cut and paste them into a new file for myself to break them down so I could understand them better (I am still a quilter beginner). So, here is my version ... in case anybody has trouble like I had.

Re-written cutting directions to make
“Little Red School Houses” found here

(I think it is a BOM project by AzPatch)













Cut from white-on-white print - - - cut a strip 2 ¾ “ wide
four 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" squares = A
one 2 3/4" x 2 1/2" rectangle = B
- - - cut rest of strip down to 2"   BUT... (* since 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 make 2 3/4 you could cut the last 3 at this point)
one 2" x 3 1/2" rectangle, = C
one 2" x 2" square = D
 - - - cut rest of strip down to 1 ½ “
two 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" rectangles = E (*)
- - - cut rest of strip down to 1 ¼ “
one 1 1/4" x 9 1/2" rectangle = F (*)

I found it helpful to know which red fabric was used for what part of the house.
   
From red print one (window side) cut -
one 2" x 2" square = G
two 2" x 4 1/4" rectangles and = H
one 2" x 1 1/4" rectangle = I

From red print two (door side and chimneys) cut -
one 2 3/4" x 5" rectangle = J
two 2" x 4 1/4" rectangles = K
one 2" x 1 1/4" rectangle = L
two 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" squares = M

From red print three (roof) cut -
one 2 3/4" x 5" rectangle = N
one 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" square = O

I hope this is helpful to some other beginner like me!!!


1 comment:

sophie said...

Christa, I think this is VERY helpful. I know you mentioned this blogpost on the blocklotto blog, but would you consider reposting it there to make it easy for everyone to find, especially the less tetchy among us?