The captain/crew did an incredible 'parallel parking' job at the quay.
This is the little port where St Paul changed ships when he was being taken to Rome for his trial. First we see the rock-cut tombs
Some informative links:
Here is an interesting site for Anatolian Food.
We all had to take 'food pictures'.
The third reason why we are in Myra.
Noel Baba = St Nicholas who was Bishop here and would have never seen snow!
It's a very holy place for many orthodox pilgrims.
Sarah, this picture is for you: ECZANE.
It is in the old town and in walking distance to the harbor. Very nice location.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 10 Sunday 06.24.2012 (Antalya)
- Breakfast on Board
- Disembarking the boat
- Myra Ancient City Visit (1st Settlement on 7th C BC)
- Rock-cut Tombs
- Ancient Roman Theatre (Roman Time 2nd C AD)
- Lunch at Ipek Restaurant in Demre
- Demre Visit
- Church of St. Nicholas (Byzantine, 10th C AD)
- Dinner at Aspen Hotel
- Port talk about the following day’s Program
Overnight at Aspen Hotel, Antalya