We have to drive some dusty roads.
On the way we stop at Atatürk Dam on the river Euprathes, the biggest in Turkey. This monument is in honor of all those who lost their live during the construction.
Here is more info on the dam project.
Waiting to get going.
Before we went up the mountain, Aykut stopped the bus and we went to a supermarket. He bought everything needed for this picnic including paper plates. That was fun. His friend in this place prepared everything while we were hiking up and down ... and it was great.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 18 Monday 07.02.2012 (Şanlıurfa)
• Depart for Mt Nemrud
• Watching the DVD of Mt. Nemrud on the bus directed by Tolga Örnek
• Stop at Atatürk Dam on the river Euprathes, the biggest in Turkey
• Stop at a market in Adıyaman for shopping for our picnic lunch
• Climbing to Mt. Nemrud to see the gigantic heads from the times of the Kommagene Kingdom (1st C BC)
• Picnic Lunch at a restaurant at the mountain
• Driving back and Port talk about the following day’s Program
Overnight at El Ruha Hotel, Şanlıurfa