The Church of St John the Theologian in Ephesus.
The church supposedly was built over his Mausoleum.
A sign on a pillar.
The mosaic must have been lovely.
Pretty much right in the middle was the Temple of Artemis. Not much left of it.
Here is a short video.
We asked and got explained: The rug weavers are getting monthly money when they are working on a carpet. When it is finished the rugs are offered for sale here and they get the difference when it is sold. We felt sorry because some where already a few years old.
And off we go leaving the harbor.
That's our dinghy.
Yup, this is James.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 6 Wednesday 06.20.2012 (Gulet)
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Basilica of St. John (Grand Circle Foundation Site) (Justinian 6th C AD)
- Learning&Discovery Series ( in the Program )
- Carpetium Carpet Coop.
- Driving to Marmaris
- Embarkation to the Gulet (Sadri Usta)
- Meeting with the crew
- Port Talk about Caunos Ancient city
- Dinner on Board
- Overnight at Cennet IslandOvernight at Gulet (Sadri Usta), Marmaris